Your car’s engine consists of dozens of complex parts that have to work together to make sure that your vehicle starts and runs the way it’s supposed to. Over time though, these parts can wear out, that results in a decrease in performance and fuel economy. The mechanics at Pilgrim’s Car Care are trained to work on today’s high tech engines. We’re here to keep your vehicle in the best shape possible and extend it’s safe, useful life as much as possible.
Engine tune ups have changed a lot since your Dad’s first car, but the basics of how a gasoline engine works hasn’t changed at all. Clean fuel and air have to be pushed into the engine’s cylinders where combustion is then initiated by a spark plug and creates the power necessary to push your vehicle.
Any dirty air filters, clogged fuel injectors, nasty fuel filters and corroded spark plugs could all be a source of a decrease in your gas mileage and the performance that you get from your engine. That’s the reason we check out your vehicle’s air filter when you stop in, and why we recommend that you follow manufacturers’ recommendations for replacing such key parts like spark plugs, fuel filters, and PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valves.
• When you feel a decrease in power from your engine
• When you notice a drop if fuel economy
• When your engine keep running after it’s turned off
• When your hear “knocking” when accelerating
• When your engine is running rough
• When your engine stalls regularly when at a full stop
• When your “Check Engine” light stays on after the vehicle is started